Knitting in the North

A discussion of knitting, family, home and other stuff.

KMKS

Sorry, KMKS pal, to be so long in posting my questionnaire. For all of you who know me, please think good thoughts for my Mother-in-law, she's in intensive care in Sault Ste. Marie right now. We don't have a lot of information, and are pretty worried.
The Questionnaire:
Are you allergic to any fibers? Nope What are your favorite colors? Turquoise, teal, blue, green, any oceany colours. Are you a new mitt knitter? How long have you been knitting mittens? I've only recently made my first mittens – I've made a flap-top pair, plus a couple pairs of fingerless gloves. Do you prefer solid or multicolored yarn? I like mulitcoloured and heathered yarns. What fibers do you prefer in mitten yarn? For up here, it should be something warm, and natural. Where do you usually knit mittens? Most of my knitting is done at home, but a bit is done on the road, while at work, or waiting to pick up or drop off kids. How do you usually carry/store small projects? I often just grab and go, without anything to carry a project in. I have a clear plastic tote that I use to carry my wallet and a small project. I would love a bigger bag, that would hold my wallet, project and lunch bag, too. What are your favorite mitten patterns? I am partial to the fingerless glove patterns, especially Fetching. What are your favorite mitten knitting techniques? I'm new to cabling, and quite like the effect, and love lace stitch patterns. What new techniques would you like to try? I'm longing to try thrummed mittens, that's my next technique on the list. What are your favorite needles for knitting mittens? I usually use DPN's What are some of your favorite yarns? I love soft, natural fibres. I just bought a ball of Debbie Bliss Cashmerino for Fetching, and it's soooo soft. What yarn do you totally covet? Any of the “fancy” handpainted yarns, I can't really get up here. Socks that Rock, Cherry Tree Hill, all that good stuff. Any pattern you would love to make if money and time were no object? I would make myself a beautiful sweater, maybe out of cashmere, or a quiviut blend, or something exotic like that. Favorite kind of needles (brand, materials, straights or circs, etc)? I've recently bought a few pairs of bamboo needles, and really like they way they feel in my hands. I would love to try some of the nice wooden needles out there. If you were a specific kind of yarn, which brand and kind of yarn would you be? Hmmm, something much-loved, practical, but still attractive.... What would that be? Mission Falls Wool? Cascade 220 Superwash? I would definitely be superwash. Do you have a favorite candy or mail-able snack? Chocolate. Yep. What’s your favorite animal? I like animals, but don't know if I have a favourite. Would you prefer super warm mittens or something more like fingerless mitts? I like them both, for different times of the year. Fingerless mitts are practical, so I can buckle car seats and such. The thrummed mittens look so warm, which is great up here, especially come January-March. If you were a color what color would you be? Something peaceful. What is your most inspiring image, flower, or object in nature? The ocean. Or a wheat field. Do you have a wishlist? I have a Chapters wishlist, under my email address.

0