Knitting in the North

A discussion of knitting, family, home and other stuff.

Another Sock Convert

I have heard much, over the last year, of the comfort of hand knitted socks. How, once you wear them, you will never ever want to go back to wearing boring old stretchy cotton socks from Wal-Mart. Being a somewhat skeptical type, I imagined this was a tad of an exaggeration. I was wrong. Oh, how wrong I was! These socks are so comfortable, so soft, so warm, that I now understand why I have to pry Brian's socks off his little feet to wash them. What am I going to do now? I only have one pair!

Pattern: International Sock of Doom Yarn: Lorna's Laces Swirl DK, 2 skeins (with a fair bit left over), Douglas Fir colourway Needles: 3.5mm bamboo DPNs Thoughts: I made no alterations to this pattern, but followed it to the letter. Since I had a fair bit of yarn leftover, I am a bit sad that I didn't make them longer in the leg. This, I suppose, is the beauty of the toe up sock, which I plan to try in the near future. It was a fun, easy to understand pattern, and making socks of DK yarn goes super fast. I typically do not like to knit the same thing over, unless I'm doing a matchy thing, but I may try this pattern again.

Finally, thank you to all who joined in my little blog contest. It was fun for me. I used the online Random Number Generator to choose the winner... and the winner is Jennifer! Jennifer, please email me your snail mail, so I can get an exciting prize off to you!

0